Feis Ceoil Association is committed to protecting your privacy. This statement discloses what type of data we may collect and hold, how it is used and with whom the data is shared. This Privacy Statement is applicable to data collected by Feis Ceoil Association, 37 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. You may contact us for further assistance by post (at the address given), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone, at +353-1-676 7365 or fax, +353-1-676 7429.
This Privacy Statement has been established in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR, Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Purpose of collecting Personal Data
"Personal Data" means any data related to a person that allows that person to be identified, such as your name, age, telephone number, e-mail and mailing address. It is necessary for us to collect, maintain and use your Personal Data in order to do the following:
- Fulfil our obligations under any sale and purchase contract and any other contract between you and Feis Ceoil Association.
- Facilitate and process your searches and requests for information on our services.
- Periodically provide you with information relating to Feis Ceoil Association activities which may be of interest to you.
- Improve our services for you.
We will use your Personal Data only for the purposes outlined above. only for the purposes outlined above. Please see below information relating to specific cases:
How do we collect Personal Data?
- When you complete an online entry form, we will collect the details supplied on the Entry Form. Please note that credit/debit card details are neither collected nor retained by Feis Ceoil (see "Disclosure of Personal Data").
- When you fill out a contact us form online, we will keep a record of your contact details and query.
- Images and video are an integral part of our promotional activities and are important for historical and archival purposes.
- Your consent will be sought for the use of images and video for the purposes outlined above. Only professional photographers and videographers engaged by Feis Ceoil are permitted to take photos/footage during the festival.
- 3rd party photographers (i.e. Newspapers) are permitted to take photographs for promotional purposes and will implement their own consent procedures.
- Images and video will be stored indefinitely.
Queries via our website's Contact us form
- When you fill out a ‘Contact us’ form online, we will delete your email once your query has been answered
Feis Ceoil members (Friends)
- We will collect the details supplied on your membership application/renewal form.
- Only such details as are necessary for the running of the membership programme will be retained, and will be retained for as long as you remain a member of Feis Ceoil
- Please note that credit/debit card details are neither collected nor retained by Feis Ceoil (see “Disclosure of Personal Data”).
- We will seek your consent to provide you with event information which may be of interest to you. You may opt out of this option at any time by contacting the office with your opt-out request.
Volunteers (Stewards/Door staff)
- We will collect those details necessary for contact with you and for Garda Vetting purposes.
- This information will be retained as long as you are an active volunteer with Feis Ceoil
Staff and Board members
- We will collect those details necessary for the provision of information to the Companies Registration Office (CRO), the Charities Regulatory Authority (CRA), payroll (Staff only) and Revenue
- We will retain the information only so long as you are a Director of Feis Ceoil Association, in the employment of, or contracted by the Association
Prize Donors and Award Presenters
- We will collect those details necessary for the following reasons
- To ensure the availability of prize monies on an annual basis
- To invite you to present a Cup/Award at the competition with which you are associate
- To apply to Revenue for refunds on donations under the Charitable Donation Scheme
- We will retain the information as long as you are associated with a prize awarded by Feis Ceoil Association.
Back to top
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not disclose Personal Data to third parties, without your consent, except in the following cases:
- Personal Data may be disclosed to sub-contracting 3Ps to enable the performance of contracts you are party to. Feis Ceoil Association uses other companies to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit/debit card payments. Such companies will have access to personal data needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purpose and are required to process the data in accordance with applicable law.
- Personal Data may be disclosed to 3Ps to enable compliance with legal obligations to which Feis Ceoil Association is subject.
Right of Access
You have the right to be given a copy of your Personal Data. If you would like to view your Personal Data stored in our database, please submit a request in writing, including proof of identification, to the address given in the "Introduction" above, for the attention of the Data Administrator.
Right of Rectification or Erasure
You have the right to have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate, or erased, if there is not a legitimate reason for retaining the data. A Request for Rectification or Erasure should be made in writing, by letter or email, signed and accompanied by a copy of a current identification document (eg passport, driving license) to us by any of the contact methods mentioned below.
Links to other sites
Some website pages may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. We do not share your Personal Data with those websites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites and expressly disclaims all liability associated with your use of such other sites and the content found there.
Security of Data
We intend to protect your Personal Data and to maintain its quality. We will use all reasonable efforts to take all appropriate technical and organisational measures and precautions to keep Personal Data secure and protected from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destruction. These measures will be reviewed regularly.
Back to top